Sales Engineer HVACR (Southern UK)
Due to continued and anticipated growth, Advanced Engineering Ltd. is recruiting for a Sales Engineer to cover the Southern UK for the company’s HVACR product range. The role will encompass visiting the company’s customer base, who consist primarily of wholesalers and contractors, to promote and train them on the company’s products and their applications.
This role would typically suit someone who is already in the HVACR industry, although not essential, and looking for their next career move either into or within the sales arena. On-going training and mentoring is available for the right calibre candidate.
- Responsible for the management of Southern UK accounts by maintaining relationships with the wholesalers and building brand awareness through Sales & Marketing initiatives, activities and tools
- Visiting wholesaler’s branches throughout the Southern UK region on a regular basis to provide training to both the wholesalers and their end user customers: this will include, but is not limited to, hands on product training, presentations and demonstrations
- Introducing new products to the HVACR market and driving growth of existing product lines
- Attending trade & open days and national & international trade exhibitions. Conduct customer site visits, consultations and provide technical support
- Gathering market research by talking to and working closely with end users to create product offerings and solutions
Skills & Expertise
- Previous sales and/or industry service experience desirable although not essential as training will be provided
- Ambitious, self-motivated and commercially astute
- Excellent communication, written and numeracy skills
- Good level of computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work closely with management to ensure KPI’s are being met
- Confident ability to present to groups of up to 10 people, occasionally more, including Q&As
- Be a team player – may occasionally need to travel outside of the Southern territory to assist or attend events & appointments
- Smart and presentable appearance
- Clean driving licence
Location & Travel
The successful candidate will typically be on the road for 4 days per week and may spend an average of 2 nights per week away from home. However, it is expected that they will live within approximately 20 miles of the company’s offices as that is where they will be expected to attend when not travelling or visiting customers.
Salary & Package
A competitive salary is offered along with a generous package which includes:-
- Company car (fully expensed) with fuel card
- Sales Commission Scheme plus profit share
- Contributory pension scheme
- 22 days holiday – rising to a maximum of 25
To apply for this position, send your CV to [email protected]edengineering.co.uk with a covering letter detailing how your skills and expertise relate to this role and your salary expectations.
About Advanced Engineering
Advanced Engineering is the recognised market leader in the manufacture and supply of coil cleaners and service equipment to the air conditioning and refrigeration industry.
Established in 1982, Advanced has built up an outstanding reputation as the provider of world-beating equipment for AC&R service engineers. To achieve that position, it has constantly scoured the globe for products that offer exceptional performance.
The company is an equal opportunities employer who is recognised by:-
- The Living Wage Foundation, as paying at or above an independently set living wage, for all the employees that work at the company. This is significantly higher than the national minimum wage and reflects the true cost of living.
- Investors in People (IIP) is the UK national standard which sets out a level of good practice for the development of people to achieve business goals. It provides a national framework for improving business performance and competitiveness, through a planned approach to setting and communicating business objectives and developing people to meet these objectives.