- Compatible with all common compressor materials of construction, internal system components, mineral oil and alkylbenzene refrigeration oils.
- Removes residual acid normally left behind in the system after a compressor burnout occurs which can cause a subsequent compressor burnout of the new compressor
- Suitable for preventative maintenance use to help avoid compressor burnouts resulting from the buildup of corrosive acids inside refrigeration systems
- Eliminates the need for flushing systems with solvents or other similar products in an attempt to remove residual acids
- Eliminates costly multiple oil changes performed to dilute the acid content of the refrigeration oil
- Minimizes costly service call backs due to repeat compressor failures caused by acid
- Can be used to treat recovery, recycling and reclaiming units in order to protect them from attack caused by acid fouled refrigerants and oils
POE – S110009
Min/Alk – S110011
ACID-AWAY® provides a unique approach to help prevent compressor burnouts by effectively removing the acid buildup that occurs in refrigeration oils used in air conditioning and refrigeration systems. It is a safe and easy to use treatment for both hermetic and semi-hermetic compressors of virtually any size that operate with mineral or alkylbenzene type refrigeration oils. For systems that operate on Polyol Ester lubricants, use ACID-AWAY® FOR POE.
ACID-AWAY® has been tested in accordance with ANSI/ASHRAE Standards 86-1983 and 97-1989, various ASTM standards and has been proven to be highly effective in extensive field testing evaluations in a wide variety of compressor sizes, types, brands and severity of burnout conditions.
- Determine the level of acid contamination in the system.
- Determine the system’s oil capacity.
- Determine the required amount of ACID-AWAY® treatment, using the Dosage Chart below.
- Change the burned out compressor.
- Add the ACID-AWAY® treatment.
|Compressor Oil Volume (Litres)*||Number of 118ml bottles based on acid level**|
* If the oil volume falls between levels on the chart, treat the system using the next highest oil volume.
** Always use a full bottle of treatment.